Thursday 18 June 2015

Art (etc)

With less college work I feel kind of like I should generally be doing a lot more than I am, but I hadn't quite found my motivation until tonight when I got FireAlpaca open and after a few cranky warm up drawings messed about till these came out. I really like them.



(They're not watermarked but 100% mine, please respectfully ask me for permission and wait for a "yes" before reposting!)

After this I remembered this project I'd started maybe two, three years ago. It was a shoulder puppet with a brake cable mechanism, but I only got as far as making the head and buying the mechanism. This cable had been on my floor for a very, very long time, until I one day decided to put it somewhere very safe. Of course I spent all evening looking for it and found just about everything except for it, but you can buy them inexpensively on Ebay so that's a summer project goal. I feel like I could sculpt a better head now- good thing the cables come in sets of two! -Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment