Thursday 7 May 2015

The Falling

Sadly I didn't get any photos today but I had a busy afternoon! I cycled to see my bae and then went on the bus with my grandma and great aunt (I'm so cool) to see The Falling. Truthfully my entire motive for seeing this film was Maisie Williams. It was brilliantly weird, something I would recommend you see but perhaps not with your grandma and/or great aunt; there are sex scenes and incest which will probably put you in a somewhat awkward situation.

(still from filmireland.net)

Today was also ~voting day~. This is a difficult time because whilst there really doesn't seem to be anyone particularly worth voting for, not voting is counter productive. From what I can see it comes down to keeping the most terrible leaders out of power by voting for the least terrible leaders who are still really quite terrible. Thankfully I am 16 and so not of voting age yet.

                                                                 Image source

In times like this I strongly feel that the art of Yoshitomo Nara is the most accurate portrayal of my position.

-Julia

(P.s. Next in the vegan ice cream saga: do NOT leave it in the fridge instead of the freezer, it will turn into a disgusting looking brown sludge and leave you possibly regretting the whole experiment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment